I never really expected anyone to read this blog. I first started because I love to write, and share new ideas. I have had a long difficult road, rebuilding my life from loss and depression. I found that putting my thoughts together and having a space to share helps to remind me that being genuine, loving, and forgiving is the key to happiness. Imagine my complete surprise when I received a nomination from a fellow blogger, calling me very inspiring.
Well, thank you so much to Angela, my friend at MyDailyCreativity. It means a lot from a fellow trooper to have this “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” passed on to me. She is a strong woman taking a creative approach to grief recovery. Everyday a new post, and each one reminds me that there is not just one way to recover from a profound loss. Her journey is a personally inspiring one, and definitely one worth following.
To accept this award I am supposed to nominate 7 other blogs that I find inspiring:
- TheFauxMartha – Delicious recipes and beautiful photos to match, it’ll make you embrace your inner chef.
- Love&aSixFootLeash – Beautifully written tales of a pit-bull rescue. It makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me want to build a doggie-farm to take in all the neglected and abused pups.
- SaraForshawsBlog – An interesting mix of posts, all of which make me smile.
- SimpleLifeofaCountryMansWife – Each post makes me strive harder to live my life more simply, enjoying every drop of life.
- MuyBuenoCookbook – Food that is as beautiful as it is delicious. These ladies have inspired me to embrace my heritage, and learn more about mexican cuisine.
- ThePioneerWoman – An inspiration. I can’t say it any other way. Food, life, home, family, crafts…
- Tom.Basson– Words that inspire me to be a better person.
I am also supposed to tell you 7 Little Known Things about me. Well, here you go:
- I would like to have kids some day…but I’m terrified of being a parent.
- I love making people happy with my cooking/baking.
- I am addicted to stickers and have been banned from purchasing any more.
- I am also addicted to books. (but I have not yet reached the point where I require an intervention)
- I have a very difficult following written instructions, especially recipes.
- Music can regulate my emotions.
- I can’t buy gifts too far in advance because I get so excited about it, I have a hard time keeping it a surprise.
Again, thank you so much for this honor. I am so thankful that I’ve been able to bring some sunshine into your lives.